Saturday, December 11, 2010

Josefie's First Week, Part 2

Hey everyone!

Sorry we never finished our story, we just never had the time!

Anyways, here's what happened on Wednsday:

I walking with Josefie and Cecily from Science, the three of us chatting happily. Lizzy and Felicity (who now likes to be called Felicy) joined us at the end of the hall with Lily trailing behind them. Lizzy and Lily were deep in conversation about what determines a flower petal's cover, with Felicy listening and occasionally making a comment.

Suddenly, Lily fell silent and put her head down. I looked to see what she had caused her silence. And there she was. Rema.

She was looing at her reflection in a mirror placed in her locker. I tapped Josefie on the shoulder.

"Josefie," I said, preparing to launch into the story. "That's-"

Josefie gasped before I could finished. "Rema!"

Rema looked up from the mirror, her eyes searching the hall until they fell on us. A look of surprise and...delight? Rema was delighted to see us!

"Josefie!"

Confusion swept through me.

"You...you know her?" I asked Josefie, feeling dizzy.

"Of course! She was one of my amigas back at American Girl. Then she got shipped away," Josefie answered excitedly. She ran foreward and embraced Rema. "I can't believe it's really you!"

"Me niether!" Rema replied. I'd never seen her so happy in my life. "When..." she trailed off when she saw us. "You're with them?"

"Si. They-" Josefie gestured to Lizzy, Felicy, and me. "They're my new sisters!"

"No. Way." Rema said. "You're friends with them?!"

"Si. They're great sisters!" Josefie exclamed, still yelling with excitement.

"Well," Rema said, a bit of humor entering her voice. "I guess that means I'll have to start being nice to you guys."

Oh my gosh. Rema was joking around. Like she was our friend! I couldn't believe it. She gets around a good friend and bam! She turns nice.

Josefie laughed. "What do you mean?" she asked Rema.

Rema didn't take her eyes off of us. "Well, we got off to a bit of a...rough start. I missed you so much, Josefie! I...I wasn't very nice to anyone. I turned into a...well, I turned into a bully." She turned to Josefie. "I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to. I didn't really realize it until Amythest confronted me." Rema turned back to us. "I'm sorry. For being mean and all. And you can bet I'll be at your Chirstmas party. If you want, I could help get it ready.

I was so surprised that I couldn't answer for a moment. Finally, I managed to say, "No, that's not nessesary. You're a guest. Thank you very much for the offer, though."

Rema smiled at me. "Okay. I hope this means we can be friends."

I smiled back. "I"ll have to get back to you on that."

Rema laughed. A good, nice laugh. Not laughing at me, laughing with me.

And I realized that, under all of the sadness of being torn away from her best friend, there was a nice person. Well, there was now that she and Josefie were back together again.

All I can say is, I can't wait until the Christmas party next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!

I'd love it if you commented! They make my day! Thanks!
<3 ~-Thistle-~ <3

Be nice! Please no anonymous commenting! No bad words!
Love, Lizzy

Umm...just comment. You know you want to.
~Felicy :)