Sunday, December 5, 2010

Josefie's First Week

Hey everyone! So sorry we didn't post this during the week, but we were so busy. Anyways, some surprising stuff happened during the week! Josefie and I (Amythest) will take turns posting about it. And any words Josefie use that are in Spanish, I've asked her to ask me what they are in English and write that instead of the Spanish word. So, here goes!

I'm starting.

Well, when we first got to MVAD on Sunday night, we took Josefie to the front office to get her schedule and supplies. We showed her where all of her classrooms are. She has at least one class with each of us, which is good. Finally, we went and spoke to the director of out play, Mr. Yorkson. He asked what Josefie could do. I exchanged a glance with Elizabeth, because this was something we hadn't discussed. Josefie stepped foreward.

"I like to sing," she said. We all stared at her. She hadn't told us this.

"Alright, then," Mr. Yorkson said. "Let's hear a voice!"

Josefie blushed, embarrassed. "What do you want me to sing?"

Mr. Yorkson thought for a minute before turning and disappearing into his office. He came back with a music book in his hands, open to a page that said, "Maybe, from the musical Annie". Josefie's eyes lit up.

"I know that song!" she said excitedly.

"Sing it for me," Mr. Yorkson said.

Josefie hesitated before taking the music book. She studied the words for a moment before she began to sing.

I hadn't heard the song before, but the way she sang it made me feel like I'd heard it a thousand times before. She was the most beautiful singer I'd ever heard, flowing through the notes perfectly. I could hear every note, every syllable, every letter the song contained. I hung on to the last word, and when she finished I felt dizzy. I didn't want the song to end.

Mr. Yorkson looked unmoved. "Yes, you've got a very nice voice there," he said briskly. "I can certainly let you be in the show. However, you will have to be a backround voice. I wish I could give you a better singing part, but it would be tragic to make someone else move aside, no? Although, no doubt, you certainly would be fenomonal at any of the singing roles. You all are." He winked at us and disappeared back into his office.

"He's a funny man, no?" Josefie asked, and we all laughed. We talked the rest of the way to the dorm.

Funnier things have been happening...TO BE CONTINUED

-Thistle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!

I'd love it if you commented! They make my day! Thanks!
<3 ~-Thistle-~ <3

Be nice! Please no anonymous commenting! No bad words!
Love, Lizzy

Umm...just comment. You know you want to.
~Felicy :)