Friday, November 5, 2010

The Audition

The audition was today!
Okay, so here's basically what happened (with some pictures to accompany it):
At 5 sharp, the three of us raced to room 2. There was a large line of dolls outside, all of them either chatting excitedly, sitting there looking nervous, or reviewing their monologues. We went to the back of the line and waited, Felicity and I hardly listening as Lizzy talked away. She talks too much (Lizzy, since I know you're going to read this, I AM TOTALLY KIDDING!!!). I quietly reviewed my monologue once in my head, but one look at Felicity (who was staring at Rebecca Rubin, who was wearing her best dress) told me that she was thinking of some way she could make the dress more stylish while still keeping it's "glowing" (as Felicity would put it) effect.
The door to room 2 slowly got closer and closer. It was about 5:10 PM when Lizzy went in, shooting us an excited look before disappearing behind the door. I peered inside the small crack between the wood of the door and the doorframe, taking pictures like Mama asked me to.





Lizzy did great! No, not great, WONDERFUL! FANTASTIC! She got all of her lines right, acted angry, and even added in a faint (which wasn't written in her script) that made complete sense!
She walked out, looking happy, and grinned at me. I turned to Felicity to tell her that she could go next, but she had walked up to Rebecca and was in deep conversation with her about how to tweak her dress.
which meant it was my turn.
I handed the camera to Lizzy and walked into the room. The three judges looked me up and down, whispering words to each other that I couldn't hear. I took a deep breath.
"Hi, I'm Amythest, and I will be trying out for the chorus," I said, hoping I sounded more confident than I felt.
The judges looked surprised when I told them that I was trying to be in the chorus. The exchanged a glance with each other and jotted something down on their clipboards.
Lizzy was outside, snapping pictures as I did my monologue.




Apparently, I did better than I thought I did.
Then, it was Felicity's turn.




Felicity was amazing, too!

I just hope we all get in...we find out on Monday. I will post then!!    -Thistle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!

I'd love it if you commented! They make my day! Thanks!
<3 ~-Thistle-~ <3

Be nice! Please no anonymous commenting! No bad words!
Love, Lizzy

Umm...just comment. You know you want to.
~Felicy :)