Saturday, November 27, 2010

A special guest!

Mama woke us up and told us to all get dressed, because there was a very special guest coming and we wanted to look nice.

We all rushed around, speaking as we got ready about who the special guest could be. Lizzy proposed that it could be one of our teachers, coming to talk about our report card grades. Felicity thought that it might be an old friend. I wasn't sure of either of those.

Finally, when we were all dressed and ready, we waited by the door. I was so nervous, and I could see that my sisters were, as well. Mama was smiling.

Finally, the door opened. There was a rustling, and a sweet voice called, "Hola...?"

Was it a Spanish teacher at our school? None of us took Spanish as a class yet...

I strained to see the visitor, who was blocked from my view by a column in the living room. Finally, the person walked around the column, and I was staring right into the face of...

Josefina Montoya! I didn't know what was going on for a moment.

Then it hit me. Josefina Montoya was my new sister.

Oh. My. Gosh. My sister! She was here! She certainly was a special guest!!

Mama told us to get acquainted while she went downstairs and made snacks. I was so excited that I pulled Josefina into a hug. I could tell she was startled, but then she seemed happy that I wasn't being awkward, and soon Lizzy had joined the hug. Felicity didn't join, but she's not the hugging type with strangers.

Soon, we were all seated on the floor talking about who we were, our backstories, basically everything. Josefina (who told us to call her Josefie) pulled out her most prized posessions: a beautiful pendant that Lizzy helped her put on, her hankerchief, and a coin that she says she worked very hard to earn.

I can tell she's going to be a great sister. I'll blog more about it tomorrow, but it's getting late and my sisters are calling me. But first, did I mention that Josefie has a very thick Spanish accent and uses Spanish words when she speaks English? She speaks Spanglish, really. Like she says, "I am muy feliz about being your hermana (translation: sister)!" I do speak some Spanish, which comes in handy...

Anyways, I'm getting off now. Bye!
-Thistle

Note from Lizzy: Josefie? She's going to be great! I can't wait to get to know her better and be her sister!

Note from Felicity: She's nice. Really nice. That's all I could have really hoped for. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!

I'd love it if you commented! They make my day! Thanks!
<3 ~-Thistle-~ <3

Be nice! Please no anonymous commenting! No bad words!
Love, Lizzy

Umm...just comment. You know you want to.
~Felicy :)