Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How it Worked Out

Finally...the ending to my story. Thanks so much for all of the supportive comments!

Also, thanks for the four followers!!!

Okay. So, I dragged the dumbfounded Cecily to the principal's office.

"You mean...now they'll see how mean she is?" she asked, as if in a daze.

"Yep," I replied.

"And they'll see how she stole your backpack?"

"Yep."

"Wow," she said, looking back to the hallway.

"I know," I said proudly, and we both took off toward the office.

When we got there, we were motioned inside where the principal, Mrs. Lilerson, waited.

"How can I help you?" she asked, giving us a kind smile.

And I told her the whole story, starting with when we first met Lily and Cecily, and ending with when Rema stole my backpack on camera. Mrs. Lilerson listened intenty throuought the entire thing, only asking questions when I paused in the story.

When we were done, there was a long silence.

"Well, now," Mrs. Lilerson said finally. "What do you want to do? Get her expelled?"

Cecily was nodding intently next to me, but I didn't agree with her.

"No," I said. "I just wanted you to know it was going on." I was aware of my best friend staring at me in confusion next to me, but I kept going. "It needs to stop, but I don't think she should get expelled. I don't know why she's like this, but there's got to be a reason. And I want to end this rivalry between us. I want us-" I paused and took a deep breath. "I want us to be friends, if possible."

Cecily's mouth was open, though no sound was coming out. She closed it, only to open it again in awe.

But Mrs. Lilerson was smiling. "Amythest, you are a very mature person. And I believe you are completely right. I was hoping for that answer. Now, exactly how do you expect to become her friend if she resents you so much?"

I remembered my comment from Hannah and said without hesitation, "I'm going to invite her to a holiday party in my dorm."

"Perfect," Mrs. Lilerson replied. "I will come to the holiday party, too, if you don't mind, and make sure nothing...let's say...bad happens."

I nodded. "That would be wonderful. Thank you, Mrs. Lilerson."

She smiled again. "You are very welcome. Now, go along to your next class before you're late!"

I dipped my head and led Cecily out. She stopped me when we got outside.

"You want to be friends with her? And invite her to a holiday party?" she asked.

"You don't have to come if you don't want," I offered.

Cecily shook her head. "No, I'm coming. I was just making sure it was what you wanted to do. See, I've wanted to end this thing between her and I for a long time, but she never would. Now's my chance. Thanks, Amythest."

I smiled at her. "You're welcome. Now, come on, let's find the others. We've got a holiday party to plan!"


Thanks so much for all of the supporting comments, and especially to Hannah for all of the advice, it means a lot to me. Click here to go to Hannah's blog and follow her!!

~ <3 Thistle <3 ~

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad it worked out! Maybe you can post about the holiday party! I'd love to see how it goes! Thanks for taking my advice! Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Hi there!

I'd love it if you commented! They make my day! Thanks!
<3 ~-Thistle-~ <3

Be nice! Please no anonymous commenting! No bad words!
Love, Lizzy

Umm...just comment. You know you want to.
~Felicy :)