Thursday, November 25, 2010

Rema and the Holiday Party Asking

I couldn't think of a title...so yeah. And Happy Thanksgiving!

Anyway, the five of us (me, Lizzy, Felicity, Cecily, and Lily) started planning the holiday party. Felicity took some persuading on asking Rema to it, but she finally agreed. The holiday party's going to be on the last day before winter break-December 17th. We planned who would get what-the food, the decorations, the invitations, and who would ask Rema to it. I volunteered for the last one and helping with the invitations. Everyone was happy to let me invite her-Felicity was still unsure about inviting her at all.

Then the day came. I had to ask her then so she would have time to RSVP. I got my math textbook and placed it into my backpack (which Mrs. Lilerson had nicely gotten back for me) and stood up. I looked around, knowing Rema would be near. I was correct. She was a few yards away talking with one of her friends. I spotted Cecily nodding at me around the corner. I took a deep breath and approached Rema. Her friend caught sight of me and pointed, saying something to Rema that made her turn around. A dark look crossed her face.

"What do you want?" she snapped when I got close enough to hear her.

I held up the invitation. "I wanted to invite you to a holiday party my friends and I are holding. Thought you might be interested."

She looked unsure. "How do I know you won't embarrass me there?"

"Firstoff, I wouldn't do anything like that. And the principal's going to be there," I replied easily.

There was a pause. Then Rema waved her hand in the air. "Why would I want to go to a party organized by a bunch of loosers?"

Before I spoke with Mrs. Lilerson, I would have gotten offended and stormed off. Instead, I laughed. "I don't know. You do unexpected things. Look, we got off on the wrong foot, and I thought this might be a chance to...start over. For all of us." I gestured to Cecily. Rema looked at her for a long moment before turning back to me.

"Okay. I'll come to your little holiday party. But if it's lame, I leave. Got it?"

I smiled. "Got it."

Rema walked away, her friends following her and asking her questions, probably wondering why she said yes. She seemed to be brushing them off.

Cecily came bouncing over. "What'd she say?"

I straitened up and rolled my eyes in an imitation of her. "I'll come to your little holiday party. But if it's lame, I leave. Her exact words."

Cecily whistled. "Wow. I can't believe she said yes. It doesn't seem like her.

I'd thought about that. "I know. I think she wants friends, not just ones who like her for her popularity. And I think she believes that will be us."

~ <3 Thistle <3 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!

I'd love it if you commented! They make my day! Thanks!
<3 ~-Thistle-~ <3

Be nice! Please no anonymous commenting! No bad words!
Love, Lizzy

Umm...just comment. You know you want to.
~Felicy :)