Thursday, November 11, 2010

New Friends-A Post by Lizzy

Hey! This is Lizzy (real name Elizabeth)! I know...my first post!

But Thistle is down with Mama making dinner, and she asked me to post about this. Yay!

Okay, so yesterday, WE MADE NEW FRIENDS AT SCHOOL!!!

It was really exciting. So, we were walking into the lunchroom side by side after visiting our lockers to drop off our books. We went to the pick-up location in the cafeteria (Mama drops off our lunches every day so we don't have to buy). We looked around, trying to find some space at a table. I had just suggested cramming into a table that was crowded when Thistle pointed out two dolls sitting at a table by themselves.

"We should sit with them," she said. It wasn't a question.

"Agreed," I said. "They look so lonely."

"I know if  I was one of them," Felicity said," I would want someone to come and sit with me."

So we all started toward the table. The two other dolls didn't even look up when we sat down, but one of them got a nasty look on her face.

"What do you want, Rema?" she asked, saying the name Rema like it was poisonous. "Come to taunt us more?"

"Um..." Thistle began, looking confused. "Who's Rema?"

The two dolls looked up in surprise. Then the doll who hadn't spoken yet spoke. "You don't know who Rema is?"

"No," Thistle said carefully. "Is she a friend of yours?"

Both of the dolls got a funny look on their face. "Rema? Our firend?" The idea seemed perposterous to them. "We should hope not!"

One of the dolls-the one with brunette hair-pointed to an over-crowed table. "That's Rema."

There were at least a dozen dolls at the table she pointed to. But we knew who it was. She was the one staring right at us.

"She's the most popular girl here," the other doll-a redhead-told us. I watched as Rema, without taking her gaze from us-leaned over and whispered something to her friend. Her friend looked over, and they both stared at us. It looked like they were trying to remember what we looked like.

"If you guys ever want to be talked to by anybody, I would leave right now," the redhead warned. Thistle looked at her in surprise.

"Did you guys...."she trailed off.

"Well...we used to be friends with her," the brunette said. "Then I got in to a big fight with her over...Well, we stopped being friends. I tried to apologize, but Rema wouldn't have it. And Lily here," she gestured to the redhead, "took my side. So we were basically shunned by the whole school, and you guys will most likely get the same treatment if you don't leave."

Felicity looked angry. "She must be really shallow if she stops being your friend after one lousy argument."

Lily looked at us earnestly. "Ever dealt with a bully?"

Thistle shook her head, but Felicity and I exchanged a glance. Memories raced through my head.

"Well," I said. "Before Amythest came, Felicity and I went to a different school. There was a bully there." Thistle looked at us in surprise.

"You never told me that," she said.

Felicity shrugged. "There was no point. Her name was Milly. She was a bully. She didn't like us. That's all."

There's a lot more to it than that, I thought, but didn't say it aloud.

"Well, Rema's a bully. She's stuck-up, snobbish, and shallow. All there is to it," the brunette, named Cecily, said.

"It's funny how 'stuck-up, snobbish, and shallow' all start with the letter s," Thistle noticed.

I gasped. "I love the letter s!" They all looked at me funny. I grinned, and we all burst out laughing.

And, before we knew it, we were chatting like crazy about all kinds of different things. And by the time my sisters and I left the cafeteria, we had two new friends.

-Lizzy

P.S. You can tell my style of writing is way different than Thistle's. She's a much better writer than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!

I'd love it if you commented! They make my day! Thanks!
<3 ~-Thistle-~ <3

Be nice! Please no anonymous commenting! No bad words!
Love, Lizzy

Umm...just comment. You know you want to.
~Felicy :)